Christmas Countdown:

Saturday, July 28, 2012

A New Baby - Princess Tilda

Have you entered my Christmas Candy yet?  If not click HERE to enter, ends August 20th!

Hello, I hope that you are having a fabulous weekend!  This weekend, my friends' Julie and Scott are having a shower for their little baby girl that is scheduled to arrive in the world on August 25th.  There is nothing more exciting than having a new baby to love so they say, and I absolutely LOVE shopping and creating gifts for little babies. 

Today I have something a little special to show you (many pictures).  I not only made Julie and Scott a baby girl card, but I also handmade them a beautiful baby blanket that I want to show to you.

First I want to show you the card that I made using Magnolia's Baby Tilda.  I created this card based mainly on the challenge being held over at Little Miss Muffet Challenges - Neapolitan Ice Cream (Strawberry, Vanilla & Chocolate) - this challenge was made for me, soooo easy since that is my favorite colour combo to use lol!  So here is my card .....

And here is the inside of the card...I finished making this card at 2am and then signed it and forgot to photograph it first - was soooo tired and brain was not working to well, lol!....
SUPPLIES USED:
* 4x5.5 card and envelope
* Image:  Magnolia - Baby Tilda (Princess Collection)
* Copic Xpress Paper
* Ink:  Memnto Tuxedo Black
* Copic Markers (colours listed below)
* Spellbinder Nestabilities:  Petite Ovals Large & Petite Scalloped Ovals Small
* All Papers used:  First Edition Paper - Sweet Owl 6x6 Paper Pad
* ColorBox Chalk:  Chocolate Roan
* Ribbon:  from my stash
* Buttlerfly Punch:  Creative Memories Micro Punch
* Inside Sentiment:  Making Memories
* Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa & Versa Color Petal Pink
* Glue Dots (to put down butterflies)
* 3D Pop Dots (for Baby Tilda)
* ATG

Here is a closeup of Baby Tilda to see the colours used....
COPIC COLOURS USED:
* SKIN:  E11, E00, E000, E0000
* HAIR:  E29, E25, E21
* SOOTHER:  R83, R81, RV10
* RIBBONS:  R56, R83, RV10
* JUMPER & SOCKS:  R56, R85, R83, R81, RV10
* SHIRT:  E42, E41, E40
* BUTTERFLY:  R85, RV10, E25
* CROWN:  YR24, YR23, YR21, YR20

So, do you like it so far?  Well now on to the baby blanket that I made.  All it took was 1 yard of polar fleece material that I purchased at Wal*Mart and a pair of scissors - that is all!  I did not even have to pull out my sewing machine (which is being sooo neglected lately!)  This blanket is called a no-sew tie blanket and here is its.....

It was so fun to make and so easy too!  I had it cut and tied all in a 1/2 hour, cool Eh? The bear in the picture I used as a prop so that you can see the size of the blanket. The bear is "my" Build-A-Bear wearing my favorite MLB team jersey - The Toronto Blue Jays.  Unfortunately my favorite player is out with a broken hand for 6 weeks (snif snif snif, you can see his picture on the left side bar, yummm) but I can still cheer my team on - Go Jays Go!

Here is a picture of the gift all put together.  The wooden baby box I purchased from Michaels, I thought it would be perfect for on the change table to hold the diapers and powders, etc. and I used the blanket to wrap all the presents inside the box...


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
* Little Miss Muffet Challenges - Neapolitan Ice Cream (Strawberry, Vanilla & Chocolate) Challenge #40
* Love to Create - Spots & Dots Challenge #25 (I have polkadot paper behind the image)
* Fashionista Challenge - Baby or Birthday Challenge #5
* Simon Says Stamps Challenge - Anything Goes

I hope that you enjoyed this post, I would love to hear from you, feel free to leave me a comment if you have time.

Also don't forget to enter my Christmas Candy from the link at the top of this post =)

Until Next time, Keep Crafting!
Bigs Hugs;
Shari

14 comments:

  1. Super cute card and gift!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it , Great job Expecialy for the late hour that it was created. I was looking forward to seeing it. So super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the card and the blanket are sweet. I If I had done it at that late hour I would have been asllep on my desk never mind signing before I took pictures. Socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and gift. Love it!
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet gift for a baby love your card it's just beautiful to look at :) hugs Nikki C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my such a fabulous gift set for a sweet baby girl!!Gorgeous card to finish off your wonderful gift! Thanks for playing along with us at Love to Create Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww super sweet card. Great gift for the new baby. Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenges. Hope to see you again next week. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just as sweet as pie card! Beautiful coloring especially with the folds in her dress.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your coloring baby Tilda so beautifully.
    Love you simply design. Thanks for joining us at Fashionista Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable and your colouring is fantastic! Thanks for joining in with us at the Fashionista challenge.
    Gr. Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome creations, the card is wonderful, I love the layout and awesome coloring on the image. I adore that blanket as well, so sweet. Sorry your favorite player is injured:( Thanks for playing at LITTLE MISS MUFFET!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable card! Thanks so much for joining us at Little Miss Muffet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...